Thursday, July 03, 2003

If you could read my mind, love, what a tale my thoughts would tell...

I realise that at this point I am going to sound like the biggest geek in the history of the world ever, but I just want to announce my love for the art of sign language.

Let me qualify that. I have recently had the chance to learn BSL at work, and I am having rather more fun than a person should in those circumstances. I just love the fact that so much of the language doesn't come from the hand gestures, but rather from facial expressions. The facial expression for "where have you been?" is a particular favourite.

I have also recently learned how to sign "I am gay", so should I wish to chat up any deaf hotties, I am well on my way.

If I can get my digital camera to work (and more importantly, if I can be bothered), I may take some comedy pictures of me doing some sign language and post them up here so that my regular readers (Hi Michael! Hi Jessica!) can point and laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home